Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today.
— Mark Twain
I can't believe that I've been in production in one way or another for 31 years. Wow!
I love the production process and the people.
I've worked in Canada, England and the United States.
I've lived and worked in 7 states in the U.S. and hold permanent resident status and am a Canadian and British citizen.
- Art Manager
- Art Director
- Group Manager
- Outsourcing Manager
- Art Lead
- Lead Animator
- Assistant Animator
- Agile methodologies
- certified Scrum Master
- AMA training in leadership
- Talent management processes
- Held leadership roles for over 22 years
- Digital art team management
- Outsourced animation team management
- Photoshop CC 2017
- Illustrator CC 2017
- Harmony 14 (basic)
- After Effects CC 2017
- ZBrush 4R7 (basic)
- Maya and Max experience off and on
- Touch of Flash, Premiere, Muse, Shotgun...
- MS Office suite applications
ANIMATION EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- Traditional film animation for 8 years (hand drawing each frame) and yes I know what a Lyca reel is :)
- Digital animation for 9 years from sprite animation to F curve animation
- Motion capture both optical and magnetic
- Visual development
- Cinematics direction for video games
I employ a variety of techniques to help guide visual development including storyboards, color keys, mockups, character concepts, level designs, thumbnails, animatics, etc. and have had a fair amount of experience with licensed content and working with clients such DreamWorks, Cartoon Network, Disney to name a few.
I've been in various production environments from traditional film animation to video games to casino gaming since 1985. That's over 30 years of production experience!
I was an animator, art lead, art group manager and art director for games, and have worked in a variety of production environments. I have adapted to a lot of different company cultures and styles. A few years back a chronic arm injury knocked me out of doing the CG production work but I adapted and learned to take my knowledge and help other artists do their thing.
I love learning new things and I love to help team members. Let me help you!